Angilau's family sued the court, with attorney Robert Sykes saying Angilau had ceased hostilities after leaping into the witness box.
'His attack was stopped by the shots that Jane Doe rapidly fired, in less than one and one-half seconds'.
He points out that Angilau was already down on the ground for the final three shots and that a courtroom full of officers could have stopped him to stop him before he harmed anyone with the pen. "There was no necessity to use force", he said. The family had been allowed to view the video, but not to release it.
Donahue also pointed to a ruling Friday from US District Judge John Dowdell when he dismissed the Angilau's family's wrongful death suit, citing the video as proof that the US marshal who is referred to as Jane Doe in his ruling acted reasonably.
A judge dismissed an excessive force case against an officer after he shot and killed a defendant, who hurled himself at a witness who was testifying.
Former U.S. Attorney Brett Tolman told KUTV that Angilau told the judge he would behave so he didn't need to be shackled.
But he said the family is glad the video has been made public - and that they want justice.
He was in court after being one of 17 people named in a 29-count racketeering indictment that accused gang members of conspiracy, assault, robbery and weapons offences. He was the last of the defendants to stand trial, with other gang members having received prison sentences ranging from 10 to 30 years.
Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary ordered the release of a pixelated version of the video obscuring faces of law enforcement officers and others in November, but the Department of Justice objected.
The video was released after a media coalition, including The Associated Press, argued for its release as an important record in a police use-of-force case, according to the AP.
Oil Pushes Higher, Despite Growing US Output
The officials also mention that they are looking to delay the initial public offering of the Saudi Aramco until next year. Both WTI and Brent as recently as Thursday had marked their lowest settlements since mid-February.
Craig Mack Former Diddy's Bad Boy rapper dead at 46
Mack's debut album Project: Funk da World was released on Puff Daddy's record label and reached number 21 on the U.S. charts. Craig Mack , the NY rapper who scored a 1994 hit with Flava in Ya Ear , has died of heart failure, aged 46.
Trey Burton was best tight-window target of all TEs in 2017
In his second season in Jacksonville in 2015, Robinson caught 80 passes for 1,400 yards, and an NFL-leading 14 touchdowns. The Bears will sign the former Philadelphia Eagle to a four-year, $32 million deal once the league year officially opens.
Carrick to retire at the end of the season
Tonight's opposition Sevilla have had mixed form since they met United at home and have fallen away from the top four. While it may still be early days, Manchester United would not mind a good performance from Sanchez on Tuesday night.
Registrations open for Westworld mobile game
Players interested in getting a head-start managing the park can pre-register here to receive incentives at launch. Westworld the video game is being published by WB Games San Francisco alongside Kilter Films.