techkenyot.com
techkenyot.com April 22, 2018


National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornado in Decatur County

17 April 2018, 06:39 | Glen Norman

National Weather Service confirms EF-1 tornado in Decatur County

State Patrol show stranded motorists including several trucks on Interstate 80 near Sidney Neb. Friday

The National Weather Service sees a 30 percent chance of showers overnight, improving to 70 percent Monday.

Weekend storms generated five tornados sprinkle across Central Mississippi with one to the North and one near the Coast.

Two of those twisters were ranked EF-2 storms, while six others were confirmed as EF-1 tornadoes, according to survey reports released by the agency's North Little Rock, Tulsa, Shreveport and Jackson offices.

Murder trial delayed to 2019
The judge allowed the testimony to play in court as Malinowski underwent extensive mental examination before she testified. After Malinowski died from the injuries she sustained during the attack, a grand jury indicted Slager on murder charges.

A spokesman for the Summit County EMA says Barberton and Copley were the hardest hit areas during Sunday night's storm.

As Minnesota began digging out from a mid-April snowstorm, one North Carolina city was cleaning up the damage Monday from a deadly tornado spawned from the same vast storm system that pushed across the USA and ended with drenching rains in the Northeast.

The tornado first touch downed in northwest Campbell County, the Amherst County, according to the National Weather Service.

Trump still wants to meet with Russian President
Nord Stream 2 would decrease Russia's reliance on Ukraine as a route for pumping its gas further West, into the European Union. Russian Federation claims there was no chemical-weapons attack but has not provided evidence of that assertion.

One of the EF2 tornadoes was in Crawford County, near Mountainburg, where Gov. Asa Hutchinson toured Sunday to survey the damage. Damage was not catastrophic in any community and the wind speeds were on the lower end for tornadoes, but the twisters blew debris onto county roads, damaged some buildings and left some people white-knuckle driving.

More than a dozen homes were damaged as trees and power lines fell, blocking roads in many cases. Duke Energy reported about 2,100 customers without service, most in Lancaster and Fairfield Counties.

The weather service estimated the EF1 tornado started 4.3 miles east of the town and traveled 5.6 miles just before 6 p.m. Friday. As the tornado continued into Chicot County, two sets of wooden transmission poled were found snapped and a mobile home sustained damage. The bulk of those outages were in Floyd County.

Drake Announces New Album, Reigns On Singles Chart
His song " God's Plan " topped the U.S. singles chart for 11 weeks - until being dethroned Monday by another of his songs, " Nice for What ".



Other News

Trending Now

Australia probes nun's arrest in Philippines, ex-solon says
She was later released for further investigation after it was established that the Australian nun holds a valid missionary visa. Fox has been working in the Philippines for the past 27 years, reports Efe news.

Facebook charged over use of facial recognition
Both Verint and Terrogence have provided surveillance and spy technology to U.S. government bodies such as the NSA and the U.S. On Monday, Judge Donato ruled to certify a class of Facebook users - a key legal hurdle for a class action suit.

Tracking the Projections for Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX)
It is negative, as 80 investors sold EXPE shares while 162 reduced holdings. 46 funds opened positions while 69 raised stakes. The ratio is positive due to TWX positioning: 64 sold and 363 reduced. 122 funds opened positions while 265 raised stakes.

Dark Souls Remastered Delayed on Nintendo Switch
Remastered will deliver "unique capabilities" for the Switch version and dynamic 4K resolution to the PS4 Pro, Xbox One X and on Steam.

Google Play Services (Android TV) 12.5.27 Update Goes Live
Furthermore, it says Google's efforts to limit tracking by using resettable advertising IDs are largely ineffective. Now, it looks like the search giant is planning to make use of iOS' gesture based navigation interface support.

The Gigantic Sum Facebook Pays For Mark Zuckerberg's Personal Security
Other companies, including Twitter (NYSE: TWTR ), Pinterest and LinkedIn (NASDAQ: MSFT ) have similar setups, Facebook says. Zuckerberg began to explain a few of the basics, but eventually said his team would follow up with more information later.

After Texture Acquisition, Apple's Prepping News Subscription Service
Since acquiring Texture, Apple has reportedly parted ways with 20 of Texture's 100 employees. This is actually not the first time Apple has attempted a news subscription service.

Calcutta HC extends by a day stay on Bengal panchayat polls process
The Division Bench returned the matter to the Single Bench with a request of it being heard speedily - preferably on daily-basis. The high court on April 12 stalled all proceedings of the poll until its fresh order, which is likely to be passed on Monday.

Teenage boy and his teacher unearth legendary Danish king's trove in Germany
Because they stayed silent concerning their original sighting, the full treasure trove was retrieved. The oldest coin, a Damascus dirham , dates to 714 CE, and the newest is a penny from 983 CE.

Microsoft confirms Spring Creators Update crash bug
It would probably take another week for Microsoft to release today's build to all the rings to test it for any last minute issues. This build has no new features and includes the fixes from KB4100375 as well as some fixes for general reliability of the OS.